3 best ways to check Hotmail junk mail on Android. A friend of mine asked if I know how to check Hotmail junk mail on Android and I was like really? don’t you know how to do that?
However, in this article, I will be showing you the 3 best ways to check Hotmail junk mail on android. What you have to do is to pick the one that best works for you and thank me later.
3 Best Ways on How to Check Hotmail Junk Mail on Android
How to Check Hotmail Junk Mail on Android Using Gmail App
- To check Hotmail junk mail on android using the Gmail app, the first thing you need to do is to open your Gmail app on your android phone
- Once the Gmail app is opened on your android phone, tap on the icon at the top right side of the app. The icon can be a profile picture you used for your Gmail account. If you don’t have a profile picture, the icon will start with the first later of your name. Just click on it.
- After you have clicked on the icon, you will see a list of all the Gmail account you signed in with the app.
- Scroll down the app and look for “Add another account“
- After you’ve seen it, tap or click on it, you will see a list of different accounts you can sign in with the Gmail app
- Tap on the one that has Outlook, Hotmail, and Live
- The next page will prompt you to input your email address with which you created the account; not your Gmail address. Input the email and click on next. If you don’t have an email yet with them, you will see a “No account? Create one!” there, tap on it and create a new account
- The next screen will require you to input your password, add your password and sign in.
- The next thing to do is to grant the app all the permission necessary to run smoothly on your phone by tapping on “yes”. It’s important to do that as it will help with easy and smooth use of the app
- After you’ve done that, wait for Hotmail emails to load simultaneously
- After it’s done loading all the mails you have, click on your account or the icon at the top left corner of your android phone
- There, you will see a list of options, locate the one with the word “Spam” and click on it. There you will see all your Hotmail junk mail on your android phone
Simple right? By following this simple method, you have successfully checked Hotmail junk mail on your android phone. Note that this is the first way among the 3 best ways on how to check Hotmail junk mail on android.
How to Check Hotmail Junk mail using the Default Application
For this method to work, you need to first create a Hotmail account which I assume you already have. If you don’t already have a Hotmail account, follow the detailed procedure below to create a Hotmail account on your android phone.
- To create a Hotmail account with your android phone, you need to locate an email app on your phone. Just go to your phone and look for the term “email“. On some phones, it may be written as “mail“.
- Once you locate the email or mail on your phone, open it. This is not Gmail, so you don’t have anything to do with Gmail with this method.
- Once the app is opened, the next thing to do is to check for Outlook.com. Don’t worry, check very well, you will see Outlook there because Hotmail has incorporated Outlook into their services.
- Tap on Outlook.com and open it.
- Once it’s open, you will see a button that contains “selective service”, and the downward arrow beside it. Click on it for more options.
- After you have clicked on it, you will see the option to create a Hotmail account, now add all the necessary details needed to create the account such as the email address you wish to create the account with.
- The next thing to do is to click on the password section of the Hotmail account creation and input a strong password of your choice. I recommend you use a password you can always remember at any given time.
- After you must have allowed the necessary things required from the mail, you will receive mail from them through which you will get your email address using the Outlook application.
- However, if you choose to use the Outlook application to receive the email, just click on the link that was sent to your email. Make sure to do the syncing as it is important. Using the app for it is also not a bad idea.
NOW TO CHECK HOTMAIL JUNK MAIL ON ANDROID PHONE
- Click on the account menu located at the top left corner of the Outlook App. The menu is located by the left. So look to your top left, you will see the menu icon.
- After you have clicked on the account menu, a list of services will be displayed to you, scroll down and look for a folder called “Spam“.
- Click on the spam folder and there you will see all the Hotmail junk mail on your android phone.
How to Check Hotmail Junk Mail Using Outlook for Android
- To use the Outlook App for Android to check your Hotmail junk mail, the first thing you need to do is to download the Outlook app from the google play store or from HERE.
- After the app is downloaded, open it and choose the “Add account” option.
- Locate Outlook and select it as the account type to sign in with. The fact that the email address may be “hotmail.com”, is no issue, ignore it and continue with the signing in
- After you have done that, the next thing to do is to add your email address and the password of the account you want to check the junk mail following on onscreen direction
- After you’ve successfully signed in, you will see the account menu at the top left corner of the app, click on it and choose the Hotmail account you signed in with
- The next thing to do is to locate the “Junk” folder on the lists of features there and tap on it. There, you will see all the Hotmail junk mail you’re looking for on your android phone
I hope that with the 3 best ways to check Hotmail junk mail on android, you were able to make use of at least one of the ways to check your junk mail successfully.
How Long Does Hotmail Junk Mail Last?
Hotmail junk mail lasts for ten days before it is automatically deleted, meaning that you have the grace period of 10 days to check your Hotmail junk mail before it gets erased from the app. After the mail is deleted, the app will still have the junk mails in their servers for another ten days before finally erasing it from their server.
Checking Hotmail junk mail on an android phone is very easy, all you have to do is follow one among the steps explained in this article and you are good to go. It is advisable to always check your Hotmail junk mail at least two days intervals to avoid losing an email as Outlook will delete your junk mail after ten days it has been in your junk box.