4 Simple Ways to Install Google Play Store on Huawei P40 Pro
We are aware that most recent released Huawei P40, Huawei P40 Pro and Huawei P40 Pro Plus did not come with google play service out of the box, as such putting people in difficult position on getting google play store on the phone especially those of us that are not in China. With that in mind, I will try as much as possible to give you a working detailed ways on how to install google play store on Huawei P40, P40 Pro & P40 Pro Plus.
Huawei P40, Huawei P40 Pro and Huawei P40 Pro+ is a gorgeous phone, but without google play services or better still, google play store on it, it is just as an empty gorgeous phone especially for those of us outside of China. So since am not in China, I thought of how I could possibly get google play store in my new Huawei P40 Pro without destroying the phone, then I found a working possible ways and decided to share it with you. Don’t forget to thank me and share this post when it successfully works for you.
Just as you already know, Huawei P40, Huawei P40 Pro and Huawei P40 Pro Plus is the company’s latest flagship mobile phones under P Series. As of the time this article was published, Hauwei Mate 40 Pro is yet to be released therefore making the P40 pro the current flagship device from Huawei.
4 Simple Ways to Install Google Play Store on Huawei P40 Pro
Below is the simple ways to install Google Play Store on Huawei P40 Pro.
- Download the Huawei P40 Pro installation files here > DOWNLOD FILES HERE.
- Download the files with your Huawei P40 Pro and watch the video tutorial below for how to do the installations.
2021 UPDATED METHOD. NOTE THAT THE VIDEO TUTORIAL BELOW WORKS FOR HUAWEI P40 PRO (ALL P40 SERIES). ITS 100% WORKING.
This second method may not work. However, if the method above did not work for you. Then follow the method below. Download the files from here> DOWNLOAD FILES HERE. After downloading the files, just watch the video below and follow the instructions in the video.
Converning the method on the video above, if you are having any google account sign-in error, just follow here to see how to fix google account sign-in issue on Huawei Phones/devices.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE METHODS EXPLAINED BELOW MAY NOT WORK FOR YOU. THESE METHODS MAY NO LONGER WORK.
- The first thing you need to do is to reset your phone. To do so, go to your phone settings, go to system and updates and tap on reset and reset your phone.
- Now open your huawei browser and click on the link HERE to download the Huawei GMS file.
- While the file is downloading. Minimize and go to your phone settings again, tap on Apps, tap on Apps again and click on the three dots sign at the top right corner of your P40 pro and tap on show system processes. Now, on the search option there, search for backup and tap on it when you see it. Tap on Uninstall and Uninstall it and go back to your homescreen.
- If the Huawei File has finished downloading, go to your file manager. There, you will see the HWGSM you downloaded with your phone browser. Long press on it and click on the three dots at the down right side of your phone. Tap on Extract to, and click OK. (It should be on extract to default directory). Wait for it to fully extract.
- When done, tap on open and open it. Now click on Backup version (The third APK there with the Chinese letter) Click on it and click allow, and allow all the necessary permissions and tap on done when you it has finished,
- Now on that same file you downloaded. Long press or long click on Hiawei and click on move written at the down side of your phone and tap on other location beside it. Click on internal storage and click on move again. Tap om apply to all and tap on merge.
- Now minimize back to your homescreen and just go to your phone settings again, tap on backup and restore and click on data backup. Click on the three dots at the top right hand side of your phone and tap on restore from internal storage tap on the backup file you see there and click on restore and put q876305008 as the password and restore. Click on done.
- Go to your homescreen, you will see the large Purple G App installed there. Open and activate it. Click on the Chinese word written in blue column there and minimize back to your homescreen.
- Now go to your phone file manager again and tap on search. Search HWGMS and tap on it when you see it. Click on Google Service APK and install the 1st to the 8th app you see there one after the other. Don’t open them while installing them. Just tap on done when it finish installing except on the 7th app.
- When you install the 7th app by the name FRP Bypass APK, tap on open, click on the three dots at the top right hand side of your phone and tap on browser sign in. Click ok and put in your gmail address and sign in.
- Now click on the 8th app there and install it
- Minimize to your homescreen. Look for the FRP Bypass app you installed. It should be on your homescreen. When you find it, uninstall it. There is google account manager app beside it. Click on it too and uninstall it. Now open the playstore there. It will shore error.
When the playstore shows error, do not panic. Just continue to follow the instructions below to make it stop the error notification.
- Go to your phone settings, click on users & account, click on google and tap on the three activated blue options to deactivate them
- Minimize back to your homescreen again and open the playstore again. If it shows error again. Click on retry. If it still show error. Don’t worry.
- Just reboot or restart your phone. When your phone finally turns on. Open the play store again. It should open now. If it shows retry. Just tap on the retry and it will work now.
- You can go ahead and install some of the apps you needed so badly.
- Now, to stop all those annoying notifications from google. Just go to your phone settings, tap on Apps, tap on Apps again and search for google play services click on force stop, click on force stop again and uninstall it.
- Go back to your homescreen, on your file manager, search for HWGMS, tap on it and click on Google Services APK and install the 9th app there. Click on done and go back to your homescreen
- Go to settings, apps, apps again and search for google service famework tap on it, tap on storage and clear data and cache, go back, click on force stop, click on force stop again and uninstall the app.
- Now go back to your file manager again. To the HWGMS, click on Google Services APK and install the 8th app there (Google Service Framework).
- Click done. Minimize back to homescreen. Open playstore. If it shows any error messages. Just reboot or restart your phone.
- Open playstore. It should work perfectly well without any error message.
- The final thing to do is to go phone settings, go to apps, apps again, search for google service famework tap on it, tap on storage and clear data and cache, go back and click on force stop.
Congratulations, you have successfully installed google play store on Huawei P40 Pro. If you encountered any error. Endevour to let is know on the comment box below. And if this method did not work for you. Try out the second method blow
You still need laptop, USB-OTG Drive to completely achieve what you want to do here.
- Download the file here https://bit.ly/2BxIIqJ
- Unzip the file
- Copy the two extracted folders on to your USB-B OTG Drive or MCard
- Move the Huawei folder in to root directory of your U8SB Drive
- The next thing to do is to watch the video below and follow the steps explained in the video below
Please note that if you get a popup window with a white / gray and a blue button when starting Lzplay, don’t panic. Just follow the instructions below to rectify it.
- Uninstall the Huawei data backup app from settings/apps/apps and search for backup
- Download Huawei Backup from here ( https://bit.ly/2By7g2P)
- Switch on flight mode! (to prevent automatic updates for data backup)
- Install Huawei Backup from the download (just ignore the error message!)
- Again, restore the backup a restore again LZplay via Setting/System and Updates/Backup and Restore
- Deactivate flight mode before starting Lzplay
What you are required to have in order to completely do this is your device are as follows:
- a USB Cable which you already have and
- a computer or laptop.
Please be very careful in doing this and don’t hold us responsible if anything should happen to your phone. Before you start, it is important you first read the steps below to the end so that you will get idea of all the process you have to follow before you start following the steps. Read the steps first and clearly understand it.
Check if you phone is in the latest version. That is, if the phone have any software update. If there is any software update, Please try as much as you can to make the update before you begin this process of installing google play store on your phone.
Download and of course install HI-Suite on your computer or laptop. To download HI-Suite please follow the link HERE. HI-Suite is the Huawei computer software you need to communicate with the Huawei P40 Series.
Unzip the P40 Pro Hack Package, copy the Backup Folder (Huawei P40 Pro_2020…) to C:\Users\USER\Documents\HiSuite\backup. That is, when you unzip the P40 Pro hack package, copy the file that has this name “Huawei P40 Pro_2020…” then, locate document in your computer, inside that document, you will see the HI-Suite that you have already downloaded and installed, click on it, you will see backup, then paste what you already copied (Huawei P40 Pro_2020).
Start HI-Suite on your computer, connect your Huawei P40 Pro to your computer. The next thing you have to do is to give HI-Suite access to your phone. To do that, go to your phone settings, inside that settings, search for HDB and enable ‘allow HI-Suite to use HDB” When you do that, you will get a notification that HI-Suite will install on your phone. Click OK and it will install.
Proceed and allow things that will pop up on your phone when you install HI-Suite, After doing that, you will get the verification code, input the verification code on HI-Suite that is already opened on your system and press connect button. Then you will see the display of your phone.
Press Restore in Hi-Suite on PC, chose my Backup File (3 Apps), the Press restore, then a window will popup asking you to put password, enter techmagnetyoutub3 as Password and press OK. This will restore the files. You are also done in the software.
Copy the 9 Files from the APK Folder from the zip to your internal storage of your phone. Paste them there in your internal storage directly.
On your Huawei P40, Huawei P40 Pro or Huawei P40 Pro Plus
Open the LZPLAY APP on your phone, the app that has a G ICON that is purple in color. Activate and allow Admin and press blue bar to start download. Make sure your data is turned on when doing this.
Close the LZPLAY APP by swiping up, go to file manager, locate the APK you copied directly to your file manager and install the 1-6 file. Do not install the 7, 8, 9 apks. Just install the 1-6. After that, go to settings on the phone and at your USERS&ACCOUNTS, chose new Account and add Google Account.
Now login with all the google accounts you so need then close and go back to file Manager. Install the 7 APK. Once this is done, check if playstore is working. Then go to ‘Settings’ and ‘Apps’ – Search for Google Play services and uninstall. Go back to file manager and Install APK 8.
Go to your phone settings, go to apps tap the three dots at the top right hand of your phone and enable “show system apps” and search for Google Services Framework, click the storage and clear cache, clear data and uninstall. If the phone hangs up, it means you have done something wrong. That means you have to reboot the phone and try again or go back and uninstall google service framebook again and reinstall, also uninstall google plays store services and reinstall them.
Go to file Manager Install APK 7, Check whether PlayStore is working. If it is, the go to settings, then apps – Search for Google Play services and uninstall after doing this again, go back to file Manager and then Install APK 9.
If you do not understand the steps above, you can as well watch the video of how to do it. See video below. I will advice you to watch the video and follow the steps in the video.
Congratulations!!!!! you have successfully installed Google Play Store on Huawei P40, P40 Pro & P40 Pro Plus. Thanks to TechMagnet YouTube Channel for making this post possible. Do not forget to share to your friends if it works for you. If you face any problem while doing that, do not forget to drop on the comment box below.