On my previous post, I gave a tutorial on how to send and receive money via WhatsApp but on this post, I will be explaining how to set up WhatsApp payment method to send money and receive money from family, friends and loved ones.
WhatsApp Payment for users in Brazil was rolled out officially today which enabled Brazilians to send money and receive money via their Visa debit card, Visa credit card, Mastercard debit card, or Mastercard Credit Card from Banco de Brasil, Nubank, and Sicredi. According to WhatsApp, the payment is secure and free. So you don’t need to be afraid.
As explained in my previous post, you can send and receive money from friends and family after you’ve set up Facebook Pay and verified a supported debit card or debit-enabled combo card. To set up your Facebook Pay click on More options, click on WhatsApp Settings, tap on Payments, click on Facebook Pay and click on continue.
How to Set up WhatsApp Payment Method to Send Money
- Open the chat with whom you want to send money to and tap on Attach and then tap on Payment
- Click on Continue on the Facebook Pay screen
- Now create your 6-digit Facebook Pay PIN. Try and create a pin your friends and family cannot easily guess. Also create a pin you can easily remember.
- Now Confirm your Facebook Pay PIN by entering it again and click on next
- If you wish to use your fingerprint instead of manually entering your PIN, tap USE FINGERPRINT. Otherwise, tap Skip to manually enter your PIN. I will recommend you use PIN as it is more secure. Someone can easily make use of your fingerprint to compete payment while you are fast asleep or unconscious.
- Now enter your full legal first and last name and your CPF and click on next
- Now add your card information accordingly. This includes your debit card number, expiry date, and CVV
- Now click on SAVE
- After your card has been added, the next thing is to verify your card