Some days ago, I received a duplicate text message on my android phone and I asked myself, why do I receive duplicate text messages on android?
Receiving duplicate messages on your android phone can be very annoying especially when you are expecting an important message from someone and an already seen message that is less important is disturbing your peace.
However, in this article, I will tell you the reason why you receive duplicate text messages on your android phone and how to stop it from happening again.
Why Do I Receive Duplicate Text Messages on Android?
The reason you receive duplicate text messages on your android phone is because of some glitches caused by your network connection while trying to deliver the message to your phone.
There are three major causes of duplicate text messages on android and they are:
- Poor Network: If you have a poor network while the sender sent the message, the network struggle with the phone to deliver the message, and by so doing, the message might deliver two times. This is mostly the reason why people receive duplicate messages on their phones.
- Upload Speed: If your upload speed is very low, it can also cause a duplicate text message on your android phone.
- Message App Error: If your messaging app has some error or bugs on it, it may always trigger duplicate text messages. So ensure that there is nothing wrong with your messaging app.
However, from the three reasons explained above, the common among them is the poor network or network error. So anytime you receive duplicate text messages, just know that network is at it again.
How to Stop Getting Duplicate Text Messages on Android
Since most duplicate messages are caused by poor network or message app error, the easiest way to stop getting duplicate text messages on android is to force stop your android phone messaging app. To do this, follow the instructions below.
- Go to your phone settings
- Locate apps on the phone settings
- Now, click on the three dots that are in a vertical line shape
- Tap on Show system apps
- Locate your android phone messaging app and tap on it
- Now, tap on force stop
This will surely stop you from receiving duplicate text messages on your phone as long as the error was caused by network glitches or message app errors.
Peradventure the force stop method did not stop the error, you can follow the instruction below. However, this method below involves soft resetting your phone. You don’t need to follow this method, the first method above should rectify the issue.
- Go to your phone settings and search for factory reset
- Tap on it and follow the screen instruction to reset your phone.
Since most duplicate text messages on android phones are caused by network glitches and message app errors, just follow the first method to force stop the app and you will be good to go. You are permitted to use the factory reset method only if you’ve tried the first means and it seems not to have worked for you.